Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, we regret that Millbrook Playhouse has canceled the appointment auditions and callbacks on March 17-20 at Shetler Studios.
The health and safety of the artist are of utmost importance to us and feel its best to follow the lead of the Broadway community and be safe. Thank you all for taking the time to submit to us, we greatly appreciate it.
We will gladly accept video auditions, please send audition reels to Millbrookcasting@gmail.com. If you have already submitted, there is no need to resubmit. We will contact you if we need you to send sides and/or specific songs.
Videos need not be high tech, something simple that gives us an idea of your range and type. We will accept; Vocal, Dance, Monologues. If you don’t have that, a highlight reel of previous shows will be fine. Short and sweet is the best! Self tapes should be via Vimeo Link or Private Youtube.
Deadline: Please have them submitted by March 22, 2020.
Thank you again, please stay safe, and wash your hands!
David Leidholdt, Artistic Director.
Samm Carroll, Casting Assistant.
Basic Contract information:
- Guest Performers paid weekly and need only commit to one or two shows. (please note that some actors for Shrek and Wedding Singer may need to sign back-to-back contracts. *Principal Roles – $200-$250. Supporting Roles (upperclassmen in college to early career) – $150-$200.
- Resident Company are early career actors and should be enrolled or recently completed a theatre training program. They will do minor tech work or admin duties. All roles are open, cast in multiple shows and Saturday morning kid show. Contracts length approx. 8-10 weeks – Stipend Pay TBD. Please show in your submission if you are interested in a resident company position.
- Housing provided for out-of-town actors; dorm style, Internet and gym.
- Seven meals per week provided. Meals catered from local restaurants.
- We required ALL actors to help with ALL strikes.
- Bus Transportation to and from Millbrook Playhouse provided from NYC/Philly ONLY.
- On-site transportation provided to and from housing.
Committed to diversity in casting for all roles.
Millbrook Playhouse is a NON UNION theatre company and therefore unable to give EMC points.