Local: Lock Haven Open Call: March 6th and 7th. Location: Lock Haven University Sloan Building.
- Friday: March 6th, 2020 from 5pm to 8pm
- Saturday: March 7th, 2020 from 9am to 6pm
- No appointment necessary.
- Auditions are open to Adults, and Children between the ages of 10-17 (some exceptions for younger children with previous experience)
- Actors 18 and over will be seen for ALL productions.
- Roles open for children and teens in Shrek. Some teens may be considered for Wedding Singer ensemble.
- For Musicals: One Musical Theatre song – No Longer than 32 bars. Bring sheet music in the proper key. Audition accompanist will be provided.
- For Plays: One monologue – no longer than one minute in length.
Need to know for local auditions:
- If possible, please bring a recent photo and resume.
- You will be asked to dance for musical auditions and read from a script. Sides available at the auditions
- Callbacks are held throughout the day.
- Please plan on spending a few hours at the audition, first come first served.
- Local actors need only commit to one show at a time.
- Local actors must be available to rehearse days and perform in the evening. *There are some smaller roles available for adult actors that may allow us to work around some weekday time conflicts, please let us know at the audition.
- Actors 18 and older within a 50 mile radius are generally paid a stipend. (depending size of role)
- No housing provided for actors outside within a 50-mile radius. (we can make some exceptions)
- PLEASE SEND ANY LOCAL CASTING QUESTIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC AUDITIONS March 17-20. APPOINTMENT ONLY!
MILLBROOK PLAYHOUSE 2020 SUMMER SEASON
Millbrook Playhouse, Mill Hall PA
NON UNION Summer stock Contract
$150-250/wk *see note on pay below
Producing Artistic Director: David Leidholdt
For an appointment, send your headshot and resume to: Millbrookcasting@Gmail.com You will be contacted ONLY if you are scheduled for an appointment.
*Please note that NYC appointments will not be scheduled till late Feb.
- Guest Performers are paid weekly and need only commit to one or two shows. (please note that some actors for Shrek and Wedding Singer may need to sign back-to-back contracts. *Principal Roles – $200-$250. Supporting Roles (upperclassmen in college to early career) – $150-$200.
- Resident Company are early-career actors and should be enrolled or recently completed a theatre training program. They will do minor tech work or admin duties. All roles are open, cast in multiple shows and Saturday morning kid show. Contracts length approx. 8-10 weeks – Stipend Pay TBD. Please indicate in your submission if you are interested in a resident company position.
- Housing provided for out-of-town actors; dorm style, Internet and gym.
- Seven meals per week provided. Meals catered from local restaurants.
- All Actors are required to help with ALL strikes.
- Bus Transportation to and from Millbrook Playhouse provided from NYC/Philly ONLY.
- On-site transportation provided to and from housing.
- Please Email: Millbrookcasting@Gmail.com with questions. We will answer as soon as possible.
Committed to diversity in casting for all roles
Millbrook Playhouse is a NON UNION theatre company and therefore unable to give EMC points
If unable to attend any of the auditions, you may submit a video audition. Please send one or two songs and a monologue or scene. Websites are helpful.
If you submit videos only, you will only be contacted if we need anything further.
For NYC and Philly- Please Prepare:
- For Musicals: Two 16 bar cuts. Appropriate for the season: May only hear one at the audition.
- For Plays: One monologue – no longer than one minute in length. Comic is preferred, but not necessary. Please let us know if you would like to be considered for a play and musical at the time of the audition.
- For Video Submission: Please prepare the same material for video submissions. We will accept video highlight of other productions. You may be asked to submit sides.