MILLBROOK PLAYHOUSE 2019 SUMMER SEASON
Millbrook Playhouse, Mill Hall PA
NON UNION Summer stock Contract
$150-250/wk *see note on pay below
Producing Artistic Director: David Leidholdt
Casting Consultant: Holly Buczek – HDB Casting
Appointments in NYC : Initial appointments 3/11 & 3/12
Callbacks: 3/13 & 3/14
Guest Performers are paid weekly and need only commit to one or two shows. (please note that some actors for Mamma Mia and Newsies need to sign back to back contracts, same with some actors in Fox on the Fairway and Gaslight). *Principle Roles – $200-$250. Supporting Roles (upperclassmen in college to early career) – $150-$200
Resident Company are early-career actors and should be enrolled or recently completed a theatre training program. They will do minor tech work or admin duties. All roles are open, cast in multiple shows and Saturday morning kid show. Contracts length approx. 8-9 weeks – $800 Stipend Paid. Please indicate in your submission if you are interested in a resident company position. Y
Housing provided for out of town actors; dorm style with kitchen, Internet and gym. Each dorm has two rooms and a kitchen.
Seven meals per week provided. Meals catered from local restaurants.
All Actors are required to help with ALL strikes.
Bus Transportation to and from Millbrook Playhouse provided from NYC/Philly ONLY.
On site transportation provided to and from housing.
If unable to attend any of the auditions you may submit a video audition. Please send one or two songs and a monologue or scene. Websites are helpful.
Please Email: email@example.com
with any questions. We will answer as soon as possible.
Committed to diversity in casting for all roles
Millbrook Playhouse is a NON UNION theatre company and therefore unable to give EMC points
If you submit videos only, you will only be contacted if we need anything further.
New York Call (Appointments ONLY) – Initial appointments 3/11 & 3/12 Callbacks: 3/13 & 3/14
- For appointment firstname.lastname@example.org You will be contacted ONLY if you are schedule for and appointment. Please note that NYC appointments will not be scheduled till late Feb.
Philadelphia Open Call: TBA.
For NYC and Philly- Please Prepare:
- For Musicals: Two 16 bar cuts. Appropriate for the season: May only hear one at the audition.
- For Plays: One monologue – no longer than one minute in length. Comic is preferred, but not necessary. Please let us know if you would like to be considered for a play and musical at the time of the audition.
- For Video Submission: Please prepare the same material for video submissions. We will accept video highlight of other productions. You may be asked to submit sides.
Local: Lock Haven Open Call March 8th and 9th (Open to all ages!)
- For Musicals: One Musical Theatre song – No Longer than 32 bars. Bring sheet music in the proper key. Audition accompanist will be provided.
- For Plays: One monologue – no longer than one minute in length.
Need to know for local auditions:
- If possible please bring a recent photo and resume.
- You will be asked to dance for musical auditions and read from a script. Sides available at the auditions
- Callbacks are held throughout the day.
- Please plan on spending a few hours at the audition, first come first served.
- Local actor need only commit to one show at a time.
- Local actors must be available to rehearse days, and perform in the evening. *There are some smaller roles available for adult actors that may allow us work around some weekday time conflicts, please let us know at the audition.
- Actors 18 and older within a 50 mile radius are generally paid a stipend. (depending size of role)
- No housing provided for actors outside within 50 mile radius. (some exceptions can be made)
- PLEASE SEND ANY LOCAL CASTING QUESTIONS TO: email@example.com