Local: Lock Haven Open Call (No Appointment Necessary)
- Friday, March 9th from 4pm to 7pm KIDS AND TEENS ONLY – ages 7-17.
- Saturday, March 10th from 10am to 12pm – Callbacks 12pm-1pm and 2pm to 5pm – Callback 5pm -6pm. (All Ages)
- Sunday, March 11th – 12pm to 4pm – Callbacks 4pm-5pm (All Ages)
- Sloan Fine Arts Center at Lock Haven University (321 theatre). 401 N. Fairview Street. Corner of Ackley Drive and Fairview Street, Lock Haven, PA. Parking in Rec. Center on Campus.
- For Musicals: One Musical Theatre song – No Longer than 32 bars. Bring sheet music in the proper key. Audition accompanist will be provided.
- For Plays: One monologue – no longer than one minute in length.
Need to know for local auditions:
- If possible please bring a recent photo and resume.
- You will be asked to dance for Musical auditions and read from a script. Sides available at the auditions
- Callbacks are held throughout the day.
- Please plan on spending a few hours at the audition, first come first served.
- Kid 13 and under, if you do not have sheet music we will teach you a song.
- Local actor need only commit to one show at a time.
- Local actors must be available to rehearse days, and perform in the evening. *There are some smaller roles available for adult actors that may allow us work around some weekday time conflicts, please let us know at the audition.
- Actors 18 and older within a 50 mile radius are generally paid a stipend. (depending size of role)
- Housing provided for actors outside the 50 mile radius. (some exceptions can be made)
StrawHat Auditions: March 16-18, 2018
Millbrook will be attending StrawHat auditions. Click here for more info strawhat-auditions.com
New York Call (Appointments ONLY) – March 19-21, 2018
- For appointment you must submit a headshot and resume to email@example.com. You will be contacted ONLY if you are schedule for and appointment. Please note that NYC appointments will not be scheduled till the beginning of March.
Philadelphia Open Call:
- Check back for info on our Philly audition.
For NYC and Philly- Please Prepare:
- For Musicals: Two 16 bar cuts. Appropriate for the season: Disney Songs (Beauty), Contemporary Pop Musical Theatre (Sister Act, I Love You…), 60’s and 70’s Pop (Wonderettes, Sister Act), Comedy Songs (I Love You…). Please no rock, or “darker” contemporary styles. Bring headshot, resume, and sheet music in the proper key. Audition accompanist will be provided. You may be asked to sing only one song.
- For Plays: One monologue – no longer than one minute in length. Comic is preferred, but not necessary. Please let us know if you would like to be considered for a play and musical at the time of the audition.
- For Video Submission: Please prepare the same material for video submissions. We will accept video highlight of other productions. You may be asked to submit sides.
There are casting opportunities for Local Actors, College Students, and Guest Performers.
- Guest Performers are paid weekly between $150-$220 and need only commit to one or two shows. (please note that some actors for Beauty, Sister Act and Mockingbird may need to sign back to back contracts)
- Acting Interns are early-career actors and should be enrolled or recently completed a theatre training program. They will do minor tech work or admin duties. All roles are open, cast in multiple shows and Saturday morning kid show. Stipend Paid for acting interns.
- Housing provided for out of town actors; dorm style with kitchen, Internet and gym. Each dorm has two rooms and a kitchen.
- Six meals per week provided. Tuesday – Sunday. Meals catered from local restaurants.
- All Actors are required to help with strike.
- Bus Transportation to and from Millbrook Playhouse provided from NYC/Philly ONLY.
- On site transportation provided to and from housing.
- If unable to attend any of the auditions you may submit a video audition. Please send one or two songs and a monologue or scene. Websites are helpful.
- Please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
*It is very difficult to answer all emails, but we will do our best. Check back for more updates.
*Committed to diversity in casting for all roles
*Millbrook Playhouse is a NON UNION theatre company and therefore unable to give EMC points!